When you're sick, do you still snuggle your kids?

If not, how do you keep your distance, especially when they wanna snuggle? I'm on day three of being sick with the common cold (slightly sore throat, runny nose with sneezing fits) and my daughter (4) loves to plop herself in my lap at random intervals.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 3:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• no matter how much i try to avoid snuggling or hugging when they are sick they still get one out of me and then i get sick but that is what we moms do it comes with the title:)
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 11:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes I still cuddle. Kids do not understand that Mommy is sick, so it hurts their feelings to be told no. I wash my hands a lot and don't give kisses on the face.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I still cuddle with them. They are always bringing a cold home from school so I am normally the last to catch it.
    tess785

Answer by tess785 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I still cuddle. I will get sick regardless if he touches me or not, so it doesn't matter.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• well the truth on not giving away ur sickness to someone on purpose, is ....
    you can touch them just no saliva transfer meaning.. you can kiss her on the cheek. cuddle with her.. just don't sneeze on her.. really you would want to try to stay away from her as much as you can. but you can't really do that with your own child... if you know what i mean :p
    so yeah its hard .. the chances even if is that she gets it.. her body will get immund to that and she wont be able to get that again :)
    Good luck get better mama
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I still cuddle. I am usually the last one with what ever they had anyways.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, not if it's anything contagious. Mine don't cuddle too much anyway, but I just try to keep my distance from them.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, I still cuddle with my sick child and nieces. That is when they need it the most.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I try to stay away when i'm the first one bringing the cold but this rarely happens
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• yes I try to avoid kissing but we snuggle they like to bring me juice
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010