hand made gift by my 4yr old..but is this useless/tacky?

My oldest daughter who is almost 5 rarely see's her biological father.. mostly just for holidays w/ his family she will go for a few hours... and some other times.. but not a lot.. everytime we go Christmas shopping she always wants to get him something, as well as his mom, dad, sister, and gparents..but he owes thousands and thousands in child support and I really dont want to spend a lot on them..

I thought something hand made would be more meaningful to them anyway.. so because she loves to color I was thinking of maybe getting her a new Christmas coloring book and letting her color each of them pictures and then framing it in an 8 by 10 colored/kid looking frame?.. she made homemade ornaments... and we were also going to make cookies for them.. any other ideas?? Or does that seem like enough effort on my part for my daughters sake for them.. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• I think that is a great idea and enough - I wouldn't do anymore than that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like plenty..I think you could skip the frame and just go with baked goods, homemade ornament and a coloring page. You could even take a pic of her baking the goodies and give them that pic in a card with her coloring page.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think that homemade presents are fine and commend you for helping your daughter give presents to her dad's family. There are a lot of people who wouldn't do anything at all for them in this situation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think that is a wonderful gift!
    I can't imagine anyone expecting more from a child anyway...and that is a really sweet idea!
    Maybe, if you wanted to do something that felt more "real", you could have her decorate the PICTURE FRAME and put a photo of HER in it.
    I've gotten those plain wooden craft picture frames for $2-3 at the craft store, and you can pretty much do ANYTHING to the frame, marker, glitter, decopage, stickers...WHATEVER.
    Good luck, and I also give you credit for being able to put your frustrations aside for your daughter.
    ((HUGS))
    Merry Christmas!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 7:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010