losing him!! need advice!!!

I have been with this guy for a year and four months.. At the beginning we use to lay on the couch and watch a movie, admire one another from night to sunlight.. We use to go out together, and talk about things.. The little compliments he use to give me are gone he wants to stay to his self we don't talk anymore.. And needless to say we got married this year in September.. I'm young and he is a little older than me but not that old.. So what's going on?? What should I do??

christina115

Asked by christina115 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• ask!

Answer by older at 3:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Talk to him, tell him your concerns.
    Schedule a date night
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yes tell him what you told us
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ugh. I wish I had the answer! My DH was so romantic when we were dating, now I feel like he's very committed to me, but doesn't really like me all that much.
    1. Don't assume it's because there's something wrong with YOU. You can only do so much, but you have to not lose your dignity!
    2. It might take time, but see if you can identify why your DH might withdraw: is he resentful for some reason, or does he come from a home situation where he didn't recieve affection? (My DH didn't get much affection as a kid)
    3. Try to be grateful for and thank him for the things you do appreciate about him. That can be really hard.
    4. Don't give up. Be open with him about your need for affection and remember you're not abnormal for needing/wanting this! If it takes counseling, do it.

I can't say I've found the solution, but I've decided I'd rather be a pain in the butt and keep seeking it than give up and make this my life. GOod luck, mama!
    Anonymous

• I have asked him his answer back is that he is stressed or he is tired....I know he has to be tired he works from 12midnight to 8 in the morning.. But stressed idk..
    christina115

Comment by christina115 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thanks everyone
    christina115

Comment by christina115 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Christina, nothing you write indicates you're losing him. That's the good news. All that little romance stuff does tend to retreat. Keep communicating. Schedule that date night.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would start doing funny crap! Whipped cream on body parts and strawberries, act out a sexy dance before bed, write him cute letters and put them in his wallet, be sure to spray perfume on them and remember that you did it. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, since you are married to him now he doesn't need to run after you. That may be why he isn't as romantic as he used to be. He may very well be just tired like he says or perhaps there is work on his mind. Talk to him and keep those communication channels open ... He may not realize that this is hurting you and that you are translating all this to mean he doesn't care for you any more.
    silhouettes79

Answer by silhouettes79 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010