How in the world do you get your kisses to stay on the darn cookies?

So I made Peanut Butter Blossom cookies yesterday - first time ever. They look good and they taste good but the darn kiss candies do not stay on them.

Is this how they always work or what do you do to keep them on?!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 3:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Put them in there while the cookie is warm, and press it in.

Answer by older at 3:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• put them on while the cookies are slightly warm, they will melt a little and "glue" themselves.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Did you press them in while they were still cooking? Usually they kind of melt to the cookie a bit and are stuck for good.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• They need to go on immediately when the cookies come out. Preferrably if the cookies are still a lil gooshy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I put them on right when they came out of the oven, just like the recipe said. =)

Heck, I had them already unwrapped so I could grab them and put them on.
    firenicecream

Comment by firenicecream (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh, as far as pressing them in... I did that. When my kids were quiet enough I could even hear a cool sound from the cookie. LOL! I didn't "smash" them in per se but there is a mark on each cookie from kiss. Maybe I needed to push them in farther. ???
    firenicecream

Comment by firenicecream (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• After you put the kisses on, stick them back in the over for about a minute. This will make them stick.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Don't put them back in the oven after you put the kisses in or they'll absolutely melt!! I've been making these cookies for over 30 years, since I was a little girl so here goes. When you take the cookies out of the oven, wait about a minute, then move the cookies off the sheets and onto a tray. Immeidately press the kisses into the cookies hard enough for them to almost touch bottom. When the cookies cool, the kisses should stay in place. It also helps if you refrigerate them for a little bit after you put on the kisses. Oh, and don't try the hugs instead of the kisses. No matter what I do, they end up melting.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Got to work really fast, and press down on the warm cookies
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I unwrap them before the cookies are out of the oven, then immediately stick them on the second the cookies are out of the oven.
    Kilhara

Answer by Kilhara at 5:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010