train table question

There was a mom that I know a little bit who offered a group of people a train table for free, I was the first to jump on it so she said it was mine. I told her I would be happy to give her something for it, and she said that wasn't necessary. I have no idea how old/new or what kind it is, but I'm getting it tomorrow. I was thinking of waiting to see what condition it is in, and get her a target gift card for 10 or 20dollars. What would you do, give her a $10ish gift card at pick up or wait until after Christmas (after ds gets it) and send her a thank you card with a pic of my son by the table and give her a gift card then that is more (like $20ish or whatever) if it's really nice? I know this is stupid, but it will be perfect for ds and we don't have a lot of money to spend for Christmas, so it's such a blessing from her! Thanks for your input (and for reading my long story for a simple question lol).

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 3:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say what until after you give it your son so you can send her a picture of him with it, along with a gift card.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thank you card would be sufficient. She's probably happy to have it go to use than to throw it away.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010