whats some fun stuff to do with a 9 yr old boy that feels left out

i jusy had a baby the older one says i do anything with him even though i do. whats some fun stuff

starmom2001

Asked by starmom2001 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Board/card games

Legos

Cooking/baking
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• USR stole my ideas! **grin**

I can add walks to the park, if your weather allows. An art project of some kind.

My son's favorite things are baking and board games; he's becoming one heck of a chess player. Well, at least against me!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thanks for the ideas
    starmom2001

Comment by starmom2001 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Honestly, it could be anything. He just wants a piece of his Mom. A trip to Starbucks for a cocoa, a movie, decorating cookies, anything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• anything and everything that is just you and him!!
    MommyOfMiaLynn

Answer by MommyOfMiaLynn at 5:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When my youngest was an infant I used to sit on the floor to do things with my daughter while the baby either layed across my lap or on a blanket on the floor next to me. If the baby was on the floor next to me, I had free hands to cuddle with my daughter (even 9 year old boys secretly want to cuddle). We played games, colored, read books, pretty much everything, and my daughter didn't realize that I was also paying attention to the baby, lol. For me this worked good, but it integrated the baby into our activities and my daughter got used to the fact that the baby was going to be there (always). I also made sure to do special things alone with my daughter when my husband or mom was available to watch the baby. It really didn't take long though for her to get completely used to him. I still take turns doing things with the kids separately on occassion.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• throwing a baseball, playing basketball by throwing it into a hoop, video games, making a favorite treat together, reading, watching a program together that he likes, spending time at the park, etc. (just suggestions of course)
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• and don't forget the hugs and kisses!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Going to movies, the park, lazer tag, ice skating, etc.. Doing crafts, puzzles, playing board games. Make a "date" at least once a week where he has your totally undivided attention, and have dad do the same.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My 9 year old loves when I play a game with him. It can be fast and simple like UNO. Rat a tat cat is a card game that you can find in most stores and we play this one over and over and over too!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010