wetters!!!!!!!!!

How can I get my 4 year old to stop wetting the bed??

christina115

Asked by christina115 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• patience, pullups at night
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• some night are good but others are a hassel
    christina115

Comment by christina115 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It varies a lot when children will be dry at night. It is a matter of body maturity. I know some who have been OK by age 7 and others who go to 10 or 12. It will happen.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• patience and a cool head. If you treat the wetting as an accident then so will your child. Is your child a boy or a girl? I know some studies have shown that boys are sometimes going until the age of 7 before they are completely trained, especially at night.
    One thing you can do if you are already canceling night-time drinks, is waking he/she up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. If you notice that he/she is still having problems contact your pediatrician to see if there is some study your child can be entered into to see if he/she is sleeping too deeply to feel the urge. If that's the case there are monitors that can be used to gently wake your child to remind them to go to the bathroom during the night until they train themselves to wake up automatically.
    Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be, my own son is about to turn 4 himself and is just now completely potty-trained.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• have a night light in the bathroom and in the hallway. so when she has to pee she can get up and see her way and go to the bathroom. my daughter has had no problems waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom since she was 2yrs old and she still has to do it sometimes. she's 5 now.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's a boy and he only does it at bed time sometimes it's not an every night thing.. I have discontinued the drinks at 7 his bed time is at 8-830
    christina115

Comment by christina115 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010