What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

IUD....

has anyone ever had the IUD and have had any problems. I hace two boys and i want to try for a girl later in live. I'm ready to find something that will keep me for getting pregnant now but wont enable me from having kids later. I can't take pills because i'll forget and i don't want anything with hormones so i'd rather get the IuD. Please give me some insight.

MomAsia

Asked by MomAsia at 3:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have Mirina and love it. Ive only had it since July tho, so far no problems at all. I have heard of people who have had problems with theirs tho...GL
    monkiesbugs

Answer by monkiesbugs at 3:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I used the Copper IUD after my first 2 children years ago. I had it for 4 years and loved it! Never had any issues at all.
    I would recommend it. Good luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was cramping and went to the hospital to find that mine was halfway down my cervix and sideways. It also gave me cysts but I expected that. A friend of mine had to get surgery to have hers removed from completely outside of her uterus (I forget where). I'm not trying to scare you out of doing it whatsoever, I am just warning that complications can happen. I have no idea what to do for birth control because I have such an aversion to so many types.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 10:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I used the copper 7 for many years and it worked like a charm.

Answer by older at 1:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010