Hubby said don't lie to me and it was just a white lie

I wnet to a back parking lot that has a huge pothole full of water. Hubby came home early and noticed and asked me if I wen thereand I said no.SO he goes back out and said Don't lie to me I know you went there. My son was home and told me not to go there anymore. Wht should I do next? He lies to me about his gambling all the time! I want to have a comeback, but should I just say nothing or try to tell him off or just explain...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him know that you want some money from him next time he decides to go gambling. Eventually he'll stop, bc each time he goes, it will cost him more money.  I would let the other go about him calling you a liar.  Whenever my s/o accuses me of being a liar, I tell him, "Are you in the fifth grade or something?"  " Liar, liar, pants on fire! "   LOL 

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree with adelicious, why are you lying anyway? It sounds as though you both have a communication problem. He lies about gambling and you lie about where you have been? Those are not little white lies. Little white lies are things so you don't ruin a surprise or hurt someones feelings. Like lying to get someone to a surprise party or telling someone their haircut looks good. I think you and hubby have more problems going on. Sorry.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't blame either of you for not wanting to be lied to. You shouldn't lie to him, however you define it. But neither should you put up with his lying. There needs to be some serious boundaries!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Don't lie over the stupid stuff. Confront him about his gambling. Just because he lies doesn't mean it's okay for you to lie. One lie leads to another lie and that leads to another and sooner or later you're not going to be able to get your lies straight.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• hahaha.. i do that sometimes too. once i accidentally got my DH's car scratched (just a little, that wasn't even that noticeable. but he's got eyes like a hawk .. especially where his car is concerned) while taking it out of a parking lot. he asked me if i did it.. i kind of got scared and denied it ! lol. i know he kind of suspects that i did it. but to this day i've been on my word ! :P
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You shouldnt lie to your husband tell him the truth, sounds like he knows anyways. I agree with the previous poster that a white lie is to protect someones feelings, or to do something nice, not to save your own butt. I like to live by the philosophy that two wrongs dont make a right, so his lying does not make it ok for you to lie.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Wait, you're in trouble for a pothole? Did I miss something?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yep. It was full of water and the owners of the parking lot do not take care of it. SO what should I say to hubby?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Anyone else have any advice?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010