Progesterone and HCG levels

My progesterone level was 56 at 2 weeks along (9 dpo). I was able to get a positive on an early pregnancy test at just 11 dpo. As I don't know what my HCG level was at that point, just wondering if it would be possible for it it be in a good range too? I know that it takes a certain amount of the HCG hormone to even show up on a pregnancy test so hoping that this could mean good things for me.
I have my first prenatal appt. this Friday so I am sure she will be doing all my bloodwork to see where I am at.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first, I had low levels of progestorne, but good levels of HCG.
    HaileyCass

Answer by HaileyCass at 3:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have been checking out sites today to see if there is a relationship between the two but what I have found is that you can have one level of progesterone (good or bad) and another totally different HCG level (good or bad). I was just wondering as my progesterone level was great 2 weeks ago and I am seeing my doctor this week for my 1st appt. so she will check it and my hcg levels again, I am sure.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Progesterone is necessary for maintaining pregnancy. Too low and you run the risk of miscarriage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had a good reading 2 weeks ago before I knew I was pregnant; 56. I did read that the norm for the 1st trimester is 5-90, I think so I am in the middle. We'll just have to see where I am at as it has been another couple of weeks. I could also read a positive pregnancy result at just 11 dpo as well (3 days before my expected period) so I am hoping that it might mean that my hcg levels are good too! This Friday I will have the bloodwork done and I will know by next week what the results are.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010