2nd pregnancy questions.

I have a lot of questions actually, which makes me feel silly but mostly I keep hearing that people show a lot sooner after their first pregnancy. Is this true?

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no but depends on the person I guess I never showed sooner with my 2nd or 3rd. All pregnancies are different whih you will see you think by baby 2 and 3 there would be no surprises or few but all are so different!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It was for me. Generally they say that because your muscles are already stretched from the first pregnancy. They also say you will feel movement sooner with other pregnancy's for the same reason. Personally I think It depends on the woman.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I didn't show that quickly with my second child, although with my third I showed very fast. At 3 months I looked like I was 6 months prgnant.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Hello! Your first pregnancy usually splits the membranes that hold your vertical abdomen muscles together. The membranes don't grow back. So each succeeding pregnancy makes it easier for the muscles to separate, expanding the abdomen sooner. It's no big deal, really. If you're concerned, you can get a tummy tuck after you're sure you're finished having kids. The plastic surgeon can stitch the muscles back together as well as remove some loose belly skin/fat.
    Personally, I wear my matronly body with pride, knowing that my children are worth much more than my figure. To each his own.
    "For everything you've missed, you've gained something else."

http://thegodfreymethod.com
    RocketMom14kids

Answer by RocketMom14kids at 3:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Not for everyone. I showed early with each one. But my SIL showed the same time with all three.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010