my 17day old baby has only had 1 bm today is that normal?

.mommy.kodak

Asked by .mommy.kodak at 9:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Kids' Health

• r u breastfeeding? if so go to this link http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/bf-links-concerns.html#poop and then go to the section "Wondering about baby poop? (yes, everyone does!)"
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• a breast fed baby can go up to 10 days without pooping!
    i was freaked out when my little girl didnt poop for a day so i called her doc and thats what they told me
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 10:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• 4 or 5 a day is normal... so is one every 4 or 5 days. As long as she doesn't seem to be in pain and doesn't have hard poops, she's probably fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If you breastfeed than your baby will poo less than a formula fed baby. The baby breaks down and uses all the breastmilk that she eats. If you start getting concerned whether or not she is pooing enough. You can stimulate the anus with a wipe or use a cotton swab with vaseline on it. Sometimes that helps. Also try doing some baby crunches...where you hold the baby's ankles and lift up the legs gently and bend them towrds her tummy gently and that will help work things down a little better. I would if she hasn't pooed on the 3 day I would call the docs and let them know.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2008