upsidedown?

my hubs loves playing with our 8 month old daughter, one of the things he likes doing is putting her upsidedown then bringing her up again, he doesn't have her upsidedown for very long, and she loves it, she smiles and giggles when he does it...but my question is, is that okay? or will her being upsidedown hurt her in some way? and if so what way?

Allikats-momma

Asked by Allikats-momma at 9:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as he's gentle with her, i don't see a problem. my mom did this to my daughter the other day (4 months) and she loved it. laughed harder than she ever has before. as long as he's not forcefully flipping her, i would think it would be ok.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son loves taht stuff too. I keep the rule as long as his face isn't red, it's good. Red face means the blood is rushing to his head and I heard soemwhere that that was bad for babies. And tell him to just watch the head. If the head flips back, he's pulling her up too hard
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 10:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it should be fine, but if you're concerned, call your pediatrician. Daddies just tend to play rougher with the babies than we do : )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Supporting the head is the important part. If she seems to be able to handle the g-force against her head, then she should be ok. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• thank you, yeah he is very gentle with her, I think like once her face got red, but he never let that happen again...again thank you :)
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 12:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• id say its fine if he is supporting her head especially since she is laughing. Thast definitely a good sign
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2008