Id Steele wins re-election, some donors plan to keep their unofficial boycott, should he run?

If Michael Steele wins another term as chairman of the Republican National Committee, the RNC might continue to face major cash flow problems in the upcoming 2012 campaign.

Some of the party's biggest political donors and fundraisers are threatening to continue their unofficial boycott of the RNC if Steele wins, telling Politico's Jonathan Martin they simply don't trust the embattled chairman with their cash.

"The donor community has virtually no faith or confidence in Michael Steele to be the keeper of the keys," Al Hoffman, former finance chairman of the RNC, told Martin. "I have a hard time finding any major donor who would trust him to straighten out the RNC and run a principled and ethical fundraising operation. … Who's going to give to him as long as he's at the helm? Not me. My own slogan is now 'Anybody but Steele.'"

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• *If

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He'll never win.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Pfft Steele is toast..done
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you worried about it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

•  

Are you worried about it?

Yes, watching him is liek watching comedy central..my hubs and myself are pulling for a reality show

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Whatever.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He should step down due to his ineffective messaging. Donors are free to do what they wish with their money. If they continue their unofficial boycott, then so be it. It's a clear way to send a message to the GOP.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I still say he has every right to run. If they don't want him there they will vote someone else in.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010