Help my niece has Erbs palsy and she is having pain from it!

When my niece was born she had trauma to her arm from the doctor. My mom said that they had a therapist coming out and working with my sister on her arm right after she was born for how ever long ( I am not sure).

I am looking for any other moms that might know some about this cause my niece has been having alot more pain with her shoulder here in the last yr but more in the last six months.

I took her in recently to the doctor and they did a regular xray but said it showed nothing. But looking it up online it says that it is damage to the nerves on the spine, so I really dont see how the xray is gonna show up anything.

I am worried cause every since the xray which is recently she has had more pain and if she puts her arm in certain postions she has alot of pain or if she over works her arm it hurts. It hurts her in her shoulder area. And her bone right under her shoulder on her back sticks out noticeably also.

So if anyone has any info or can help me in any way I would be so greatful. I am very conserned for her pain as she grows and do not want to have more damage done! Thanks so much to everyone!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• I have Cerebal Palsy and I know that from the cold sometimes I hurt more Wondering it it may have something to do with that?!?! try giving her motrin works for me! or a warm bath
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• if you are worried about tissue damage or damage to the cartilidge or connective tissue ask for a MRI or CT scan. xrays show bone but not tissue. There is also some testing that can be done for nerves. GL
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 3:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have called the office and she will be back in Friday morning and suppose to call me then!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i dont know for sure, but im praying for her and for you
    joshismyangel

Answer by joshismyangel at 9:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010