Have you kept your kids out of the gifts?

So what have you done to keep your kids from taking a peek at their gifts or opening them?

Mine did rip off the wrapping paper off one of his gifts (fortunately it was in a plain brown box that's taped up so he didn't get to see what it was) and that was the only time. I rewrapped it and put the other presents under the tree and I tell him he can't open them until we go to his Nanny & Papaw's (grandparents) house and that has worked (so far!). However he has been asking if we can go over there now, LOL.

So what tricks have you done to keep them out?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't wrap any of my kid's gifts until they are in bed, Christmas Eve. They are all in my closet.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When my kids were little I never put presents under the tree until Christmas Eve. Now that they are older I can out them under the tree and they leave them alone.

Since they are already under the tree maybe you can out a calander up. Check off the days as they go by the kids have a visual of when they can open the presents.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Don't tempt them by putting presents under the tree. Put them on a closet shelf or in the trunk of the car.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• All of their gifts are under the tree. They are allowed to pick up and shake and look at them. If I catch them peeking or trying to open them, they know they will go right back to the store or to goodwill.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't put any presents where they can see them. We will do our Christmas on Sunday when we get back from my Mom's. So I will put them out before we go so they are waiting for them when we get back.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• tell them if they open it it goes back to the store...they will stay out of them then....LOL

My presents aren't under the tree but hidden in our closet. I like their faces on xmas morning when they go to bed with no gifts under the tree to a TON! Its magical. BUT they know where the gifts are and they know if they snoop I will take them back. I even asked my son what would happen and he said we won't get it. SO all three know....LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My kids don't even realize they have gifts. We told them we weren't getting them any but my dad sent me money so I bought them a bunch of clothes. They are in the back of my closet and the kids are NOT allowed in my room. I've always kept the gifts in my closet which, in our old house, was blocked by furniture so no one ever went in there (it was just storage).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My daughters is in my craft room all locked up tight I have the only key.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I hide them in my room until Christmas eve.
    CourtneyGarcia

Answer by CourtneyGarcia at 5:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have some in my closet where I placed my clothes bin and my son is not strong enough to lift that to move it.

The BIGGER items are at a friend of mines that just wont fit in our closets! She is bringing them over Christmas Eve and she and her fiance' and her 24 yr old son will bring their gifts and once my son is asleep we will get out HIS presents from her car and place them under the tree.

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010