DD just had her wisdom teeth extracted today. Boy is she CRANKY. Did the anesthesia make your kids cranky?

She's not usually like this, but between dozing off from the meds, she's a real sour little pill.

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I doubt it's the anesthesia. Her mouth probably hurts! I remember having my wisdom teeth taken out, and it hurt so bad, I couldn't eat anything, and the pain meds only do so much. Let her be cranky and baby her as much as you can til she's feeling better Momma :)
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know it makes me bitchy. My kids have yet to go under.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my kids haven't and I never got cranky cuz of the meds but think about it you just had teeth taken out it hurts like the dickens you can't eat or drink certain things the way you used to temporarily. and you have gauze in your mouth which to me was just annoying. It might not be just the meds maybe just annoyed with the situation. but it will pass and then everything will go back to normal.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 3:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Of course she is cranky. That FREAKIN hurts! I remember when I had mine out that was the most amount of pain I had ever been in. Just hug her and treat her like a queen. It is just for a couple of days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• She's well medicated and says there's no pain...but she is a little loopy, though she seems to think she isn't. It's kinda cute...but she got really angry when I smiled at her, "What's so FUNNY! Are you laughing at me!!"
    Uh oh...I think she's awake again.
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, it doesnt matter if you are medicated, it hurts! I would be cranky if I was going through that and someone was laughing too!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It hurts. You try it and see how you feel when someone cracks a joke while you are in pain. I bet you bite someones head off!
    Anonymous

• Laughing???? Cracks a joke????
    ss_mom

Comment by ss_mom (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010