But he was drunk......

I'm am so sick and tired of women using this as an excuse to explain why their man did something.
He hit me but he was drunk he didn't mean to.
He cheated on me but he was drunk, he didn't men to.
If he wasn't drunk he wouldn't have hit the little boy crossing the street and killing him he wasn't in his right frame of mind. He should be punished...
I could go on and on. Being drunk is no excuse!
Why do people use this excuse all the freaking time?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Drunk is a choice.
    It's a choice that some fool made and left my daughter fatherless (my husband was killed by a drunk driver). Drunk is never an excuse for bad behavior. EVER.
    So even if he "did it because he was drunk", that translates as "he did it because he chose to get drunk and behave like an ass". Key word? CHOSE. He chose to.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No idea... We all need one of these to slap some sense into them....
    Bitch Slap! Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I firmly beleive that people still are aware of what is right and what is wrong when they are under the influence.. I'm like you there are no excues for their actions... Grow up and take responsibility for your actions and stop using a bullshit excuse why you can't be a mature adult and fee up to your wrongs!
    I think it makes it easier for some to deal with "it" if there is a possible reason/excuse. A way to bail someone out of something bad they did.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• AGREED!!!!!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Being drunk may be a reason it happened, but it should not be accepted as an excuse. The person who was drunk made the decision to drink, therefore anything that happens is that person's responsibility.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I feel the same way about the Freaking Devil... they make excuses because they can't accept the truth. Making excuses is a form of denial... and the first obstacle to hurdle on the road to self empowerment.

DzineMama

Answer by DzineMama at 4:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The reality is that when you are drunk you lose inhibitions, common sense and touch with reality. You do things that as a normal, rational person you would never in a million years think about doing. It's not an excuse, it should never be because it's actually a reality. This is the one of the biggest reason why I got help. I'm a recovering alcoholic, been sober for 4 years on 01/01/11 and I want to make sure that when I do something stupid, that I'm fully aware of it. There are way, way to many times that I would wake up and the entire world was either pissed at me or didn't want anything to do with me and I had no idea why. There is no excuse for drinking to the point that you lose you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Agreed
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Totally agree!
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Word.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010