Do you believe children can sense when their mother is pregnant?

I'm just curious. I know many people think yes, and many people think no. My pregnancy test said no, but i know it's still early. I have two 19 month old babies, Dane & Tayler. I have never had them cling to me so much before in my life. It started about a week and four days ago, when out of no where i knew i was pregnant. It might sound odd to others, but i knew the day i was pregnant with them before i even took a test.

I was just wondering if any other mothers have expierenced something relatively close to this: as in, their children knowing about the new baby before a word was said or even known.

Thank you all so much.

Kaylantwins

Asked by Kaylantwins at 9:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well my neice looked between her legs at me (old wise tell) and told me I was pg with my oldest and my nephew he was a toddler too he went from loving me to hitting and yelling at me. My oldest looked between her legs and told me I was pg with my second child and she clinged too me. My youngest looked between her legs and told me I was pg this time, and she wont leave me alone, climbs on me, kisses me, huggs me, kisses my belly (she did that too before I knew I was pg), and before she didnt want anything too do with me. Yes, they can hear your womb too, its still a familiar sound when there kinda young.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 12:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would not doubt it but in my case it did not happen. I am the 2nd eldest of six siblings. I know for a fact that I never sensed my mother to be pregnant because she would come home the same day she gave birth with a new baby and every time she did I was shocked.

I believe that pets can though.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My two year old "know" but doesn't really connect it, he's only two so I'm sure when a new baby comes in the house he will be completely surprised as will your kids I'm sure
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't know, but it will be interesting to see someday! I do think that pets pick up on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if kids did, too.

On the other hand, some kids DO seem shocked when the new little one comes home, even if they seem to understand everything about it...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008