Where is he?

My DH got off work at 11 today. It is now 1. No phone call, No DH. He does this every Wednesday and says he is mushroom picking in the woods. If I call him he says I should just leave him alone, he just wants some time alone to do want he likes to do. I had lunch all set up for him one time, he didn't show so I called, then when I told him I had lunch waiting he said I just ruined his day by making him feel guilty. We just got back together in November. He broke up with his GF and moved back in. These half day work days on Wednesdays is the only kid free time we get together and he doesn't seem to want to spend it with me. Would any of you be bothered by this? And, no I don't think he is with his girlfriend, he does come home with mushrooms. Unless she si going out in the woods with him?

Caoimhe_Oona

Asked by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Umm...Mushroom season is in the spring.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Hmmm.... I would be concerned. What was the reason you broke up before?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 4:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He has a girlfriend and you're more bothered by him not coming home straight after work? Call his girlfriend he's probably with her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Picking mushrooms in the woods? I wouldn't eat any of them. Might be toadstools.

You have AMPLE reason not to trust him.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• does he do this every wednesday? if so then it has to be something else. you don't spend that many hours picking mushrooms.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Maybe he feels he needs some time alone. And if he comes home with mushrooms, then give him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe compromise with him to go mushroom hunting every other week and alternate with time with you.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• LMAO. Mushroom season is in the fall also. We have mild weather and there ARE mushrooms out there. Yes, mushrooms in the forest. Chantrelles, boletes, Etc. We have been picking here for the last 6 years and have over 10 identification books. He sells them at the mushroom shacks when it is peak season.

NO HE DOESN'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND CURRENTLY. He ended it when we got back together. It has only been like 7 weeks though.

We broke up before because he was acting like an A$$ and throwing things around the house and just being plain mean.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Comment by Caoimhe_Oona (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ah Mushroom season is only in the spring here, it's too cold in the fall.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Seems kind of early to be shutting you out like that already. Something's going on. Maybe you guys can compromise and every other Wednesday he can have his time and every other is couple time. I still feel like he's up to something though... Good luck Momma. Don't stick with him if he's not going to work with you. 7 weeks, he should still be trying to make things right!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 5:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think he's up to something, sorry.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010