How successful are IUIs?? Has anyone conceived through an IUI? Was it a "natural" cycle or with meds?

After 2 failed IVf attempts, my doctor has told me that even though we have severe male factor infertility, I still can do an IUI. He says that my husband's count is "good enough..." I have read up on IVF cycles, statistics, percentages, ratios, etc. but I know nothing about the success of IUIs. Has anyone done acupuncture along with the cycles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i got pregnant the first time we tried iui i was on a low dose of clomid i now have a beautiful healthy son and am trying again so far i have done ici at home 4 tries so im thinking of going back to iui again
    BROOKELYN1978

Answer by BROOKELYN1978 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I got pregnant twice using IUI and fertility drugs (i.e. medicated cycles). I miscarried the first time and had healthy full-term twins the second time. My situation is different than yours though - my hubby had great sperm count, but I needed the drugs to ovulate. Every situation is different when it comes to infertility, and I think it's more of an art than a science. I also think fertility doctors vary a lot, and if you don't trust the one you are using you might want to find a different one. There are some really great doctors out there that will be honest with you about what they think your odds of success are given your specific situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008