Does anyone else have this?

My fiance has problems getting along with his parents, but they don't have a problem using me as a go-between. It's frustrating because I know both sides and I have to bite my tongue a lot, but it does keep the family arguments to a minimum. Does anyone else go through this?

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 4:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• popcorni would set both sides straight; i would tell them i DO NOT want any part of their dysfunctions and problems because there is a saying "blood is thicker than water" and it could back fire on your because you are not Blood related. those are his parents and he is their son let them figure it out. in the end u could end up looking like the bad person. if i were u i would just sit on the fence and watch.. with no comments.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, is it so bad being the go-between? I mean you are helping to keep the peace - isn't it worth it??? If it is causing you undue stress or other harm - then I would let them know to cut it out, but you are kind of a hero doing this for the family, I think!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Tell them you're no longer "the messenger' and that if they have a problem with one another, they can take it up with each other. Tell them you don't appreciate being used.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:08 PM on Dec. 25, 2010