Is the Elf on the Shelf a little creepy to your kids too?

So this is a story, but I'm curious if there are other kids w/ mixed feelings about the Elf.

My son really wanted one, but definitely seems to feel suspicious of him now that he's here. The Elf took up residence in his room a few days ago. When it was time for him to go to bed, he came into our room and asked if he could sleep w/ us. We, of course, said "No." After some more pleading, he told us he didn't want to sleep with the Elf. We asked why & he said, "How would you like to try to sleep with someone staring at you all night like this?!" He then sat down, clasped his knees, gave us the simpering Elf smile and sideways eyes. When we were done laughing, we let him sleep in our bed. The Elf has wisely not gone into his room again. We're thinking of keeping him in our room from now on!

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son did something similar. He took his clothes into the living room to get dressed. When I asked him about it he said he didn't want the Elf to look at him while he was getting dressed.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've never seen or heard of this thing (until just now, when I did a google search for it), and it just sounds like a creepy thing.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 4:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Here is my answer from another question about the Elf on the Shelf!!

Good answer frogdawg............but if I had an "Elf on a shelf" and the dang thing just fell all by himself or herself.....I would freak myself far out! But it's the parents choice, and only they know their child.

They're creepy little things! See??? See what happens when you leave them home alone! I don't trust them! LOL He and Barbie teamed up! 

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The ones I've seen are too creepy that 'I' don't want it in my home. My kids aren't aware they exist.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I saw this in the bookstore today and I was like WTH is this???? Yeah, just a little too creepy for me too!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• wtf is that
    sylvia-momto2

Answer by sylvia-momto2 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010