Why am I frowned upon by some people because I had my kids young?

daisydays171

Asked by daisydays171 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'm not frowning on you!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 4:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• how young? Under 18?
    Anonymous

• Probably for the same reason people give me grief because I still stay at home and my kids are older ~ because they judge.
    Anonymous

• I can't honestly say. I get frowned upon because I chose not to stay with the father of my kids where I was unhappy.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Probably because some young mothers give the rest a bad name. They get into drugs, don't take care of their kids, and live off the government. Then everyone just assumes they are all the same.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Because they are being judgemental and not considering your feelings. My friend got prego the first time she had sex with a guy she had a crush on forever. Not like she was a slut, just a statistic. And she is a wonderful mom. I don't frown on you.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, your life, your choice. Did they want you to go to school first and then have the kids? That seems to be the common eyebrow raiser. Don 't let it bother you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Maybe becasue they wonder how you do it. Maybe they think, God I could never have had my kids at 22, how in the world does she do that and not go crazy. People just judge because they don't understand they other person and have never walked in their shoes. I'm not judging you because I think people do what is best for them.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• because you are young people think you cant raise and support a baby as an adult could. But i think thats very wrong, it just depends on your living situation to me, i'm 16 and preg but i have an income from my dads death that i'll be able to rely on for my kid. untill i can do it on my own. i'm not frowning at you. i think young parents can understand and make they're kid happier while being young. my mom is 46 and when i was young she wouldnt do things i wanted to do because of her old age. my fiance's mom is young and she does everything with us and i love it.
    mommy6.24.11

Answer by mommy6.24.11 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When they do just look at them and say this "Who are you to judge?" shuts them up everytime! We all have only ONE judge and jury and that is God. So do not let others dictate or critisize what you did or chose for that matter. It is what it is and can not change what was. Just be the best mom you can be. This is God's gift to you nurture them and love them as he does you.
    nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 4:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010