Does anyone know of cute or unique names for a mixed baby?

I am white and my fiance is black and i want a cute name that fits both our race, thanks (:

mommy6.24.11

Asked by mommy6.24.11 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use whatever name you want. Why does it have to be a "black" or "white" name?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• good luck, you'll have a million people say "race doesnt matter name them what you want" lol!.. some just dont get it! Its not that it "matters" but you have to take another look at how people may view them w/ the name you chose, like w/ any name, but race is just another thing to think about.. My hubby is african american and I am caucasion.. we have all girls and didnt have a problem maning them.. but were having our first boy!! Our top two are Adrian & Braylen right now..they arent more of one race such as "Andrew" being more "white" and Antwan being more "black:"...

are you talking about boy or girl names?
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 4:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, I'm multi-racial, as are my children, and I absolutely don't feel that you need a name with racial connotations of any type. I doubt that I "don't get it" , I'm quite certain I get it very well. But I find it far more important that a name be suitable for a person for their entire life and not limit how they might choose to live. Naming a human has more responsibility attached to it than naming a puppy and needs to be well-thought out from all angles.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It does not matter the race. i just want a name that fits the color of my child. You wouldnt call a white boy tyrone or a black girl annabella.

I'm looking for girl and boys name.
    I like tavien and zaiden for a boy.
    and girlls, there is too many i like.
    i'd like the girls name to start with a t tho, like taliah
    mommy6.24.11

Comment by mommy6.24.11 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I really dont think a name identifies a childs race....you dont want others to judge he/she off of their name either. I think whatever name you choose will be awesome. Your child will be a pure expression of love between you and your fiance no matter what.
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have a biracial niece. Her name is Amara, which I think is beautiful.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• misses_nick i love that name but my bestfriend just had a baby that she was going to name her amaya which is now samya, i want something differnt from my bestfriends baby, but how do you like amarianna
    and once again im not talking about race, you people know what i mean.
    mommy6.24.11

Comment by mommy6.24.11 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My best friend has a biracial baby named Amiya. My childs name is Layla. I know another couple who named their biracial little girl Briley. The only biracial boy I know is named Xavier.. Good luck (:
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 5:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I like Amarianna!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My best friends bi-racial little girl is named Alaycia. We call her Lacy.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010