whats the easiest way to potty train ?

How do i potty train my three year old daughter ?

Tahmeca

Asked by Tahmeca at 10:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wait for her signals. Is she holding her bladder though the night? (I know, not all can at this point if they have a weak bladder, but that's a good sign.) Is she curious about watching you or daddy go? has she asked to use the toilet or wear big girl undies? Does she tell you when she's wet/has had a BM and needs a change??
    These are all good signs that she's ready. Just get her a potty seat or ring and a stepstool, (have her pick out her own to make it more interesting for her) and give her lots of positive reinforcement. You can try a sticker chart for when she goes, ect.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i gave out m&ms one for pee two for poop. ever time i went to the bathroom my son went, if i saw him pulling or squrming like he wanted to go i would take him right then... but i really think the m&ms is what got him liking the potty
    2timesthemommy

Answer by 2timesthemommy at 10:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• In the 2005 group I'm in there was a sticky post about potty training success stories and it seemed like every single one was putting the kid straight in underwear (or cloth training pants) and then the kid would be potty trained in a week. So I tried it and it worked for me too. I don't know if it would work for every kid but I think it's worth a try. It's a big mess and a little discouraging at first but they seem to suddenly get it by the end of the week. At least mine did and from what I read a lot of other kids did too.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 11:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Put her in panties or let her run around with no pants. "No pants" really helped my daughter make the connection between the feeling and the actual pee. Then when I saw that she was peeing (or had peed), I took her to the potty with lots of happy "oh boy, you're peeing, let's get you to the potty!" After a couple of times, she caught on and started to go to her potty on her own. She can't work her pants on her own and still won't poop in the potty but we're getting there!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008