Al Queda

Did you hear how Al Queda (not sure of spelling) has ALREADY made demands to Obama to remove all troops from AFGANISTAN??!!?

Do you think he will?
If he does what will happen?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, to answer my question first :)

I sure hope he doesn't we need to be there!!!! If we leave that only give them oppurtunity to regroup and come harder.....

Just because we pull out doesn't mean they won't still try to kill us! I am worried if he does pull them out terrorists will began attacking over here.....

I am so worried about this, this is a BIG reason why i didn't want Obama....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Didn't he actually want to just take the troops out of Iraq and move them to Afghanistan? (that's what I thought, I may be wrong, someone tell me if I am!)

I don't think he'll be bullied into anything, he's smarter than that. He knows that pulling out of Afghanistan would be a bad idea...and if he doesn't think so, there are PLENTY of advisers and other people around him that know it's a bad idea. Don't be so worried, everything will be okay :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nope did not hear that - where did you get it from? An even if they did, what makes you believe that he will listen to THEM? Very doubtful.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• considering he isn't sworn in as president i guess he will have to wait to answer them.
    Anonymous

• I think for future reference when people write postings like this they should add a link to something that states what you are refering too. Some of these posting are just hear say and insight panic on the crowd for all to run thier mouth. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Anonymous

• i'd like to see where you're getting the information from.
    however, iraqi government officials have been pushing for the us to set a timetable for troop withdrawl.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I hate Obama...I dont think he has what it takes to be our president. People are so stupid and so blind for voting him in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It was on the news...it was talking about the different countries around that world and how they felt about Obama being elected...not 100% sure which station...but i know someone else had to see it...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just saw on the news this morning that they were wondering why they "havent" put out a statement about obama. They havent heard from al quada in weeks so what time of day was it b/c mine was morning news
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 2:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• He's going to remove them, just not as quickly as he thought he would. He originally said by mid 2009. 1 brigade a month and all but a few security forces out in 16 months.
    Now he's realised he can't do it that quickly without leaving all of military equipment and other essentials behind or without creating a bottleneck effect on the way out. So, it's been moved to 2012. Almost his whole administration before most of our guys/gals are home.

Looking2Adopt1

Answer by Looking2Adopt1 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2008