Mr potato head and a 2 1/2 year old

So my son is 2 1/2 and loves all the toys story movies. He got some mr potato head parts and stuff for his 2 yr birthday and was excited. Well he has had it for awhile now and has not put any parts in his mouth or anything until recently today I saw him put like the ear part in his ear like potato head. I said no and told him it only goes on the potato heads. Then I turned my back for a second and I saw that he had a little bit of blood coming out of his nose so I assumed he stuck a piece in his nose so I took everything away and put it in a closet so he couldnt find it or reach all the parts and stuff because I am thinking if he can not play right with them I will take it away. Well now I am worried because its been like 2-3 hours and his nose started to bleed again just a little more than last time. now I wiped it clean and there is no more blood coming out. but do you think he could seriously damage his nose or something? The parts and potato heads I have say for ages 2 years and up. I wont give him the parts or anything back probably until his 3rd birthday or so. Just wondering if I should be worried about the bloody noses or what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you checked to see if he has anything lodged up in his nose. I do not have a Mr potato head( my daugghter is obsseesed with toy story but only big babby and Jessy ) So I don't know if they have any parts that might be that small. If its for a 2 year old, I would guess not. He probbaly just irratated it or scratched something in there. Or maybe He's nose is just bleeding and it has nothing to do with the toy. My daughters nose has been bleeding a lot but its from the cold dry weather here. I do not think He could have seriously damaged it with a Potato head piece, but if your really worried. I'd call his doctor.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 5:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you sure there's nothing else in there? Meaning some other item not related to that toy? My daughter used to stick random stuff up her nose...like little balls of tissue. She once took the little rubbery thing off the back of the cabinet door & got it stuck up there. Maybe you should look up there with a flash light.
    Anonymous

• To me it sounds like he might have irritated his nose and that combined with the dry winter weather is making it bleed a little bit. If it's not bleeding constantly I probably wouldn't worry about it yet.
    toykeymama

Answer by toykeymama at 6:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yeah I agree with toykeymama.

Also my son plays with a Mr. Potatohead with his speech therapist and he has tried putting the pieces on himself too (like in his ear) and my suggestion is it is one of those toys that need to be played with under adult supervision at all times. But I think it is a very good toy to play with. It has helped my son identify more body parts.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My son has never tried to put any of the pieces on his own body. I also think perhaps something else is stuck up there or he just irritated it. Nosebleeds can be tough to stop sometimes.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 6:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2010