how do you get a 3 & 1/2 year ol boy that has bowel problems already potty-trained?

He was born with hircshprung disease and as a result he had to have an endo-rectal pull-through surgery. Ever since he's either constipated or very loose bowells. they are rarely reg. it hurts him sometimes to have a movement. I've tried everything I can think of. I want to get my son out of diapers asap

sweetheart26kh

Asked by sweetheart26kh at 12:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is constipated a lot and we give him a little mineral oil (about a teaspoon) in his milk or juice every day. It really keeps him regular. His pediatrician recomended it, and said it is not habit forming like other methods
    Dorfsmith

Answer by Dorfsmith at 10:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My son also has a bowel problem and has to take Glycolax(generic for myralax) and his bowel movements are never regular. I printed out a chart from a website and we put a sticker on it each time he goes in the potty and when he gets it filled with stickers he gets a prize. He has already told me what he wants so I write all the toys he wants on the chart and when he gets his last sticker on the chart he will get his prize. Also everytime he goes I jump up and down and tell him how he is such a big boy for going poo poo in the potty.

To get this chart google this: The potty train chart. its a chart cith a train and train tracks and thr track is made with spots in it to ither color or put in a sticker. I got the stickers from the Dollar Tree.
    mcphersonkj

Answer by mcphersonkj at 3:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2008