Have you ever had an IUD (or any other form of BC) and still end up pregnant? adult content

I had a girl in 2006 and afterwards I thought I was taking the right steps by getting an IUD for BC.... boy, was I wrong -- Unless I'd checked EVERY time for my "string" to make sure it was still there before intercourse I don't think I could have known it was gone! I guess there's a valid reason for those 99.999% in the brochures and taking multiple pre-cautions by wrapping it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My niece got pregnant using the Nuvaring.
    Anonymous

• My sister in law got pregnant both times while taking birth control pills. She has I can't remember the nname of it, but where tissue grows every where around her uterious and overaries and things, both times she went to get some of that removed, the doctors put her on birth control and planned the surgery. Right before time to have the surgery she wound up pregnant, but her pregnancies turned out just fine. She just never got to have the surgery to remove the extra tissue.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 5:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I hope they didn't give her antibiotics... I heard they kind of throw off your BC especially if you're on the pill. Is that true?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, antibiotics can make the pill less effective. I got pregnant while on the pill and I took it at the same time everyday. The couple of times I was on antibiotics he wore a condom as well, just to be extra sure.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am a few weeks along right now with (hopefully only 1) a pill baby. I NEVER missed and always took in the morning. No antibiotics, nothing! Ugg, I thought I was done, but I'm back on the boards for the 4 time (ds 8yrs, angel ds(SIDS), twin 4 yr ds's, maybe I'll get a girl this time :)
    -R
    Raestb

Answer by Raestb at 3:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2010