would you rather have a baby at 18 or have a baby at 40..why ?

I had my first at 18 and am so glad...

by the time I am 40 my kids will be grown and I will be old enough to enjoy "my time" , plus I can be a young grandma lol ...

plus my mother in law didnt have my husband until she was 42 ... and now is almost 70 and wont see her grandkids grow up ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say 18. For me, 40 is too old to be having a baby. I had my last at 30 and that's where I would draw the line. Actually we had him then because I was turning 30 and told my husband if we wanted a third kid it's now or never because after this--forget it.

My parents became grandparents at age 34 (my age now, ouch). And now they are 58 and have two great granddaughters, so it's been great for them.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 5:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 40. There is a lot of 'young fun' to be had before the responsibility of parenthood takes over. Also, there is a lot of wisdom yet to be gained.

Aren't grandmas SUPPOSED to be old. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Well, personally, I wouldn't want to start at 18, I had my first at 21, and wanted to get pregnant, and adore my son, but now I know I was young even then (my parents were 17 when I was born, so I thought I was so much older)......But I'm 49, and my youngest is 19, and I wouldn't want to start at 40.....I wouldn't want to be dealing with teenagers so late in life. I love my kids so much, and it's hard to imagine a life without them, but if those were my only choices.....I'm not sure I'd do it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• – collapse
    18. 40 is old.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• 18 there is little to no chance of birth defects; unless of course you are reckless and you can enjoy your later years and there is also alot smaller of a chance that you yourself will die and leave that child in this world without a parent.Lots of reasons to have your kids young but if you cant support them there is never a good time to have them
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 5:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am 40 now & I would LOVE to have another baby. My son is 20 now. I remembering having HIM at 20 & thinking how grown up I was! LMAO! If only...
    Anonymous

• 40
    You're suppose to get the wild out before having kids.
    Otherwise you end up trying to live the life of someone who doesn't have kids and leaving them with Grandma all the time
    Anonymous

• 40 - and can afford all the fun things.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had no desire to be a young mother. I loved my 20s was able to model, travel and do everything I wanted to do. I paid off my house and accumulated a nice nest egg during that time as well. I had my son at 32 and am pregnant with twins at 40 and I have no regrets.  I am not a person who is excited to see my kids leave home though.  To each their own. 

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 5:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 40. i was a senior in high school at 18 and no way mature enough for a baby. i am 34 and trust me 40 is not that old as everyone makes it out to be. its all on how you feel. my grandmother was 44 when she had her last child and yes she saw her grandchildren and even greatgrandchildren. her other two children were in their twenties and were a great help. its hard but worth it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010