What woud you do if your husband hates your weight

I have been like this since my kids and I never lost all the baby weight but I'm not 200lbs either. I am a about 50lbs over weight. I have tried almost everything to lose it but I always wind up gaining it back. It really is taking a toll on my relationship and I don't know what to do anymore. Can anyone help?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he in perfect shape?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My husband is great about my extra 40lbs but I know he would rather have me back to my old sexy body, also because it affects how I feel about myself and how I look.. I dont' have advice, I have 40lbs too... I can only tell you its going to take VERY hard work and consistent forever work, I am mentally trying to get myself there cause I am so so tired of feeling like this.. but I have zero motivation and energy - I know excersizing and energy go hand in hand but I am finding it SO hard to even take the first step
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• sweetie all you have to do is eat a healthy/well balanced diet and exercise a minimum of 30 min a day (something everyone on the planet should do to stay healthy) and you'll not only have a healthy body weight but you'll feel better because you will be healthy. 50 lbs overweight is a lot and it takes a toll on your health and well being
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Rethink your relationship... Weight should never have any bearing on whether someone loves a person or not. There should be no problems on his side where your weight is concerned.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would go tell my husband to go fuck himself. He married me for me not because of my body. Hell us women have kids and stupid men expect our bodies to go back to the way they were before kids. My husband tells me over and over how to loose weight so I can get back to my PP weight but the funny thing is he's 40LBS over weight and I never tell him what to do with is body. Its one of the issues we are having right now. But if you man keeps bitching about your weight start bitching about something in his body. Make him feel how he makes you feel
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Are you happy with your weight? Do you like the way you look? Do you like the way you feel? Do you have weight-related health concerns?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Feeling undesirable can have a horrible effect on your self-esteem. So lose the weight for YOU, to make yourself feel better, not for him. I agree with a PP....find something physical about him to bitch about, see how he likes it.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You need to be happy with your weight for you. Listen, when hubby and I met, I was modeling. A year after I had our daughter, I was back to my perfect shape again, then around the age of 32 my thyroid started acting up and I would gain weight from breathing. My husband was disgusted with me being fat and would barely touch me. I'm 5'9" and can carry a good amount of weight pretty well but at 250lbs, I was on two high blood pressure meds, couldn't walk or stand for long and had trouble breathing and sleeping. I had gastric bypass 5 1/2 years ago and am now 140lbs. I weight less now than when I use to model and guess what, last year my husband had an affair/relationship with an UGLY...I mean really UGLY FAT COW. So, go figure...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh...and now, he complains that I'm to skinny. FUCK THEM, THEY ARE ALL INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLES!! Be happy for you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Eat healthy, and get friends to spend your time with, when you are trim and happy you wont care what he thinks. Granted he may find a coctail waitress to go sleep with but then you will know if he loved you or not.
    Mrs.Faith

Answer by Mrs.Faith at 7:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010