I am 17 weeks pregnant and my last sonogram showed a fibroid. Has anyone else experienced this?

I just woke up one night to go potty and when I wiped, I saw blood and freaked. Two days in a row, but only when I first go potty.

36andpergnant

Asked by 36andpergnant at 12:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just found out that i am pregnant, but i already had fibroids. With the fibroids i bleed for 28 days every 2 wks. I did not beleive i could get pregnant. However this is my second pregnancy in less than 1 year. (lost the first when i was 3months on christmas) this is a good question for me to ask the doctor although i fell out of a chair at work the first time. I fell out that same chair 2 weeks ago and found myself spotting. so i am waiting to go to the doctor. That is a good question. did you ask your doctor. About the affects fibroids while being pregnant?
    lsbjet

Answer by lsbjet at 1:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• If your doctor wasn't worried you shouldn't be either, but do mention it next visit. Fibroids are actually pretty common with pregnancy. Some go away on their own others require intervention. But since your doctor knows it's there he's not too concerned at this point.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Does your doctor know about your bleeding? It's probably perfectly normal, but you have nothing to lose by making a phone call. Worst case, you'll probably have to go in and get checked out. That's much, MUCH better than stressing about it...that could actually make you feel worse! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2008