Baby going to school

How do you cope with your first kid strating school? because I am terrified!

CassySchenk

Asked by CassySchenk at 6:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in

• I was in hysterics. I cried so hard I couldn't breathe. I think people thought there was something wrong with me. Next year I send my baby. I'm going to need a stretcher.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't really remember. I think I was sad, but ok because I still had my DD at home. The next year, when it was DD's turn, I was a basket case. I was also pregnant with my youngest. Somehow it was ok when he started this year. Probably because he was really ready.

Now ask me again when my first born starts high school in a year and a half. THAT is terrifying,
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's funny becaause I never minded them starting school. We started with preschool which was 2 1/2 hours a day and I could volunteer and see what was going on. I found that being involved with the school really helped set my mind at ease. From the time my kids have been in school I have been involved some way so I am in the school at least once a week.

Try and take a deep breath and relax a little it will be okay.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am a teacher. It does get better.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 2:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Try having your only child starting kindergarten. I am a mess!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I got misty and was there early to wait for him to get out. I htink it's going to be much worse when my little guy goes, because older DS and younger DS will start Kindergaten and High School on the same day. I need to buy stock in Kleenex for that day.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I was scared, too, but the kids are so excited about it. I think it hurts us more than them. They are growing up sooo fast, huh?????
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

Next question in
What would you do?

Next question overall (School-Age Kids (5-8))
At what age do kids start?