would you consder this a date?

my friend says its a date but i dont think it is...
so tomorrow is the last day of the quarter and my class(pharmacy students) is going to this really expensive place to eat and everyone pays there way. well a guy friend is broke so he said he wasnt going, so i suggested that him and i go to mcdonalds and i pay for it. i see it is as 2 friends celebrating a long and stressful quarter. my female friend says its a date cause i asked him out and i offered to pay...him and i have done lunch together several times through-out the quarter and those werent dates, it was both of us wanting the same place and so we car pooled. and he knows its just friends kinda thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• that 's what friends do help each other out so go out have some fun you guys worked hard
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, I wouldn't. It seems like just a friend thing, not a date.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Just becasue a opposites go out together doesn't make it a date. If so then I've cheated on my SO dozens of times with his consent.
    It's just two friends going out to lunch. I think what you're doing is awesome so he doesn't feel left out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't see this as a date, just you being nice to someone who's been your friend so he doesn't feel leeft out of something he can't afford at the moment.

If THAT is a date, then apparently, I've been dating MOST of my friends for years! I had no idea I was even a lesbian! :)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It sounds like a friend thing to me.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If the two of you have had lunch together several times, what made you offer to pay this time? I think that's where the confusion might come in. 2 friends celebrating at McD's sounds like just a friends thing. But offering to pay? Well, it could easily be misunderstood.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• im paying this time cause he is broke until he gets paid, and we always help each other out like that, there had been times i was broke and needed a pop so he got me one. and we dont keep track on who pays what.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• NO, if you both agree it is not a date it is not then.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It doesn't sound like a date from the description provided.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's not a date. So what, when you ask a girlfriend to lunch and pay for xyz reason, is that a "date" too?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2010