Eyelid Surgery?

Had my annual eye exam Mon. The dr. brought up the subject of my drooping eyelids and said that I was going to need an eyelid lift. He said we can't do it now because I can't write it up as necessary and it would still be considered a cosmetic or elective surgery and thus not covered by insurance. However, in a couple years, it is going to start interfering with my eyesight and it will be mandatory.

Has anyone had this type of surgery? Cost? Recovery time? Pain involved? Possible side effects?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 6:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• I had it done about 4-5 years ago. It was recommended by the opthamologist and it was covered by my insurance because it was necessary for my peripheral vision. I might have had a $35 copay. At that time, I had good insurance. He had specific tests run to prove it was necessary. No pain. Was swollen and red with stitches maybe a week. Then I was about 10 years younger. It was wonderful. Highly recommend it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010