Do you have baby shower?

Do you have a baby shower months after the baby is here? I can not figure out a good time?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 6:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• We had mine when my son was about 6 weeks old. My mother doesn't believe in having them before birth, so we did it after. Plus that way everyone could come meet the baby without having to trot through my house.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Usually before the baby arrives, as the purpose of the shower is to help the new mother get all of the things she'll need to care for the new baby.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had mine a month before my baby was born.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 6:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, not usually. Showers are usually held before the event.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think it would be helpful to have the shower before the baby is born to help get you ready for the baby's arrival. I will be having mine in January and my baby is due in February, but having it after the baby is born is good too because at least you'll be able to have as much fun as everyone else. Now that I think about it, I'm going to be so big and uncomfortable during my shower and everyone else around me is going to be drunk and partying it up. If you do it after, just make sure that the baby immune system is strong enough to be around all those people.
    Kiabell

Answer by Kiabell at 7:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Aabout 2 months before the baby is born is a good time.. you get all your stuff you have it all ready and put together for when baby comes home...
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• MIL threw one before the baby was born, without asking. I would have waited until after the baby was born. This time we didn't have one & MIL never asked either.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 9:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Mine was before the baby was born, and I was pretty far along in my pregnancy. Then I knew what I got, what I had and what I needed. It's a matter of choice really I guess, what ever your comfortable with or what you want to do yourself.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010