how old was you child when you told them the truth or they found out that santa isnt real?

babymamma123

Asked by babymamma123 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have always told them that from day one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My kids haven't found out yet and I hope they don't for awhile, being that the oldest is 5, but I was 7 when I found out. I had a new friend from school. Went to her house, she was a jehovah's witness and they didn't celebrate Christmas, her parents were younger and blatantly honest with her at a way too early age, she even told me all about sex, I was devastated.
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Still believing here! They are 6,9,14. I suspect that the oldest knows something isn't quite kosher, but he keeps a great poker face.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My kids were never set up to believe the Santa lie. I didn't see the point in telling them a lie like that and then telling them that it's not right to lie. I know, I know...I'm going to get bashed in here by people saying the having their kids believe in the "santa magic" isn't a lie...blah, blah, blah but the point is, it isn't MAGIC, it's a BLATANT LIE!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He never believed in the 1st place

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I let them believe it for a few years but I never actually told them about it. This year I told them it was just a big lie and I didn't want them to go on believing in it. I hated that DH wanted to do Santa with them. They are 6 and 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I will never tell them he isn't real. When they figure it out on their own is up to them. My 10yo and 9yo have figured it out even if they won't admit to it. My 8yo and 4yo still believe although I think the 4yo will get it before the 8yo (she's very into the fantasy of things, the 4yo is more literal). The older kids know not to ruin it for the younger kids. We'll continue to do Santa until the youngest (currently 5 months) figures it out so it's going to be awhile.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I do not believe in telling children lies. We have never lied to them about santa.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I asked this question earlier this month. Since then my 9 year old son asked me if Santa was real. I asked him if he believed in Santa and he said yes, So I told him anything you believe in is real. He then told me the kids on the bus say Santa isn't real. I think it is really close to the time to tell him about who Santa really is.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 7:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• tiffanyplew just allow him to believe until he's ready it don't matter what those other kids tell him as long as he believes it my 8 yo believes in him I think it's fun for a child to wake up in the morning to getting what they asked santa for wait till he's 11
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010