my 3 weeks old makes a lot of noises at night time during his sleep

Sometimes he screams during his sleep, or he's making a lot of noises before he falls asleep. He always make that face like he's pushing for poo poo, is this normal or he has too much gas?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a normal baby to me
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Did you ever imagine that your brand new bundle of joy would strike such fear in your heart? :-)

New babies make all kinds of noises. As long as he's eating well, burping, pooping and sleeping, he's probably perfectly fine. In a few weeks, he'll settle into a routine. This will make life a little less unpredictable for you; so it won't be so scary.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Some babies have quite a lot of drama when passing gas or stool in the first 2 months. The sphincter is really new and the muscles are just developing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my daughter is 3 months old. and she still does. she makes noises all night when she is sleeping. i think its because she is dreaming. my grandmother says that when she whimpers in her sleep that it means that the devil is talking to her. and when she smiles the angels are talking to her. i chose not to believe her bc i dont like the idea of the devil talking to my baby.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• its normal my daughter is 3 months old to and still does it. dont worry lol
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 7:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If your little one is abruptly waking up screaming and grunting he/she may be in pain. My little one did the same while I was nursing. Once I switched to soy milk and gave her Mylicon for infant gas relief she's 98% better. Its normal for them to grunt and have some gas but I dont think its normal for them to tons of gas pain.
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010