devil worshipers... adult content

my husband made me watch this really horrid, but true dvd we have called "faces of death" which is real death caught on tape. apparently it was a popular series in the 70s/early 80s. after watching it, i cant believe its been in my house all this time without me knowing and i literally want to burn it. it's just creepy and nothing good will come out of watching it.

anyway, one of the episodes shows some cops sitting outside a suspicious house where odd "traffic" has been in and out of recently. they show a man walk to the door and a lady give him a box in exchange for money. they raid the house immediately and obtain the box. they go inside the house, where the lights are off and candles lit. things are written in pure blood on the walls. severed body parts where in the kitchen sink. inside the box wasn't drugs, it was a severed head. in one of the bedrooms, a satanic symbol was drawn in blood with some kind of cup filled to the brim of human blood. out in the woods surrounding the house were several bodies, body parts, some even decomposed already. there was a videotape uncovered of an actual killing or "satanic ritual sacrifice" as they called it. truly evil, sickening stuff.

anyway it got me thinking. people who believe in God, worship God, live their lives according to the Bible and follow it's principles to try and get into Heaven. wouldn't this be the same concept for devil worshipers? to follow his principles and try to get into hell? if this is the case, why not just kill yourself? suicide is a golden ticket to hell.

im not really sure what my question is here. just basically, what's the point of worshiping the devil when all you have to do to "see" him is suicide?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "suicide is a golden ticket to hell"
    How do you figure that God would punish someone who was in that much pain that this was their only solution they could fathom?
    Anonymous

• I actually remember the episode you're talking about, but I haven't seen those things since I was a teen. And it's worth noting that even the vast majority of "Devil Worshipers" don't do those kinds of things. Most are looking for "power" in this world, and aren't concerned with the afterlife. It also matters what their beliefs about hell and whatnot are. Not even all Christians believe there is a hell, so neither do all DWs. And most that I have known don't believe Suicide will get you there either. You are looking at DW from the perspective of a Christian God Worshiper, they are not. They have a completely different perspective, and a completely different reasoning for their actions, so of course it isn't going to make sense to you, just like your beliefs and actions don't make any sense to them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• if you only see things from the christian perspective, there is no hope of ever understanding anything different.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think it's also worth noting that just because someone does insane things like that, doesn't mean they are actually DWs either... It has come out over and over again that many of the "real videos" on those Faces Of Death movies were in fact faked. I have always assumed this one to be one of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OK I hate to break this to you, but Faces of Death are not real - they are staged. Rather than spend so much time analyzing a scripted event, you might want to wonder why your husband is so happy to believe a scripted, fake movie series is actually real.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• so much easier just being Atheist, far less confusing
    Anonymous

• I honestly always thought it was. If there were a "take down" of something like that about to go down, they never would have had underground filmers like that there. And I always found it amazing how they always got just the right views and all the gore on film...

It tended to be the animal fights and what not that were real, most of the people stuff was either filmed by accident or faked.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't think they are vying for a hot seat in the after life. I think they mean to use demonic power to improve their life on earth.

see, christians want to be reunited with Christ / G-d in the afterlife. But devil worshippers dont want to be united with the devil in the afterlife. They want it in this life,
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know that this is not an answer to your question, but I am just curious... why would your husband "make" you watch something of that nature? I am familiar with faces of death as I have watched several of the DVD's before.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my only guess would be that the devil would want his followers to do the same as the christians...gather more followers and spread his word..so suicide wouldnt be the way to do that now would it?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010