I'm about 31 weeks pregnant and I'm having trouble sleeping.

I have trouble sleeping every night and it's causing me to be very cranky. I can't sleep on my sides because after a hour or a half, they start to hurt really bad. So, I'm up all night switching sides and the pain is only getting worse. I'm open to suggestions.

Kiabell

Asked by Kiabell at 6:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried body pillows? I used to use a body pillow and several other pillows to prop different parts of my body. It helps a bit. Unfortunately, inability to sleep is normal during the later stages of pregnancy. Good luck!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• is it normal to struggle sleeping in the early stages cos i been struggling over a week now to sleep 12weeks preg
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and I am suffering from insomnia.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Body pillow will help some but then you will wake every few hours to pee :) This is natures way of getting you adjusted to functioning with little sleep, ya know for when the baby gets here...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My SO got me a pregnancy pillow and it has been the best investment ever. I don't even know what I feel like without it. (And I don't want to). It takes up quite a bit of space in the bed. I have the one that is U-shaped so that you don't have to move it to the other side when you want to switch, you just turn over. If you don't want to buy one though, I recommend propping yourself with pillows. One thick one between your knees, one behind your back, and one or two under your head. Good luck!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it only gets worse.... im 35 weeks and glad im getting close cos even though ill have to wae up every few hours for baby.. when i do sleep it will feeel so gooood!
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010