What do you consider a "young mother"?

I just clicked on the Groups tab and one of the most active groups was one called Young Mothers (or something like that). Now, I am not interested in joining but my first reaction was "well that's not me." But I have heard quite a few moms on here refer to mothers in my age bracket as young...

So what do you consider to be a "young mother?"
When I hear young mom I think 15 -17.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree w/ you-prob 15-18.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i also think a young mother is in that age range as well. a "teen mom" would be considered young imo.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree. I would say a "young mom" would be someone who is under the age of 20.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think 21 and younger when I hear that.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 7:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would think 23 and younger. Young mom and teen mom isn't necessarily synonymous. Saying someone is a teen mom is automatically understood to be a young mom.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i think 21 and younger..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would say that under 25 is a young mother. Or you could think that a 40 year old, who is a first time mother to an 8 month old is a "young" mother. It is just a matter of how you look at it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Wow tootoobusy, I was 22 and felt I was to old to just be starting. I'm having number 3 at 27 and I can't imagine being older.. I wish I had started much much earlier than I did... Of course I didn't plan on any of them, so that factors in there too...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i think the teens or lower (sad but sometimes true). there is a girl in my school that was pregnant at 14 and then again at 16, and when i was in jr high (as in 13-14 yrs old myself) there were 3 girls that were two grades lower than me that were pregnant!!!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was thinking 23 and younger also. I still see moms in their early 20's as young. Not saying that is a bad thing at all. But at 23 you are young and if you are also a mom well that is a young mom :) I guess because at that age, most are still in college or just graduating. Damn, I feel old :(
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010