how can i get my 15 month old to sleep through the night?

my son wakes up every night around 3 very hard to get him to go back to sleep in crib so usually comes in the bed with us, which i dont mind, but it would be wonderful to get a night of uninterupted sleep. Any suggestions appreciated!!

jam0625

Asked by jam0625 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would make sure that he has a full belly before bed. Maybe he is hungry around that time & reason to wake up. I never put my son in bed with my husband & I cause they will get addicted to that comfort & wont sleep even in there own bed. how old is your son?
    5mabdkfam

Answer by 5mabdkfam at 8:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• hes 15 months he goes to bed fine in his crib but once he wakes up in the middle of the night its horrible to try to get him to fall back asleep in there ive tried rocking and mild crying it out
    jam0625

Comment by jam0625 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Have you tried to offer him a bottle of water? It could be that he is getting thirsty and needs something to drink. Or maybe a sippy cup since he's 15 months old....
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• at 15 months he could still need to eat before morning. Dont push to hard but i still cannot get my 3 y/o to sleep all night
    ladysummeraire

Answer by ladysummeraire at 12:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• give him some warm milk to calm him down. it's a bad habit bringing him into bed with you. cuz he will be expecting it now
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2010