Pain during period

I have an 11mo. My period has not been teh same since I had him. I didn't cramp before him and my periods were only 5 days long. After him they turned into 7 days and I started to cramp during them. Last few months I've had heavy periods with alot of cramping. I delt with it. Now this period it has turned into just straight up pain. Inside my hips on both sides. I feel the pain all the time but sometimes it increases to the point where I just have to hold my breath and wait for it to pass. It feels liek its tearing me apart. I feel fine besides the pain. I'm not weak or anything. BUt I have been under alot of stress this month. Has anyone else had this problem or do I need to run off to teh doc to figure out what's going on?

Kayere

Asked by Kayere at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• may be PID... I'd talk to your gyno
    Anonymous

• I've never had an std and I've only had 3 sexual partners, all of them clean. Is there something else that can cause PID?
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There are several ways women can get PID. The most common way is by having sex with a person who has gonorrhea or chlamydia. These diseases are carried in the semen and other body fluids of infected people. During sexual contact, the germs spread to the woman's cervix. The germs can also infect the glands at the opening of the vagina, the urethra (passageway for urine) or the anus.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes women get PID without being exposed to gonorrhea or chlamydia. In these cases, doctors aren't sure why the bacteria in the vagina spread into the uterus and fallopian tubes, causing PID.
    Anonymous

• Rarely, PID can also occur if bacteria infect your internal organs as a result of giving birth, or having a miscarriage, an abortion or a procedure to take a sample from the inside of the womb for laboratory testing. Sometimes PID can occur after the cervix is treated because of an abnormal Pap smear or after the insertion of an intrauterine device (IUD). However, this is not common.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I didn't realize you coudl get it without getting stds, thanks
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008