Does this sound like a good idea - a holiday clothing exchange party?

•Invite all your girlfriends to come over for a holiday clothing exchange party. Ask everyone to bring at least half a dozen articles of clothing and/or costume jewelry, hats, and scarves that are in good shape but they don't want anymore. Spread the items out on your bed and all over your bedroom. Serve hot tea or cider and cookies or scones while you and your friends try on each other's clothes and pick out a few pieces they'd like to have. At the end of the party, everyone leaves with some "new" old clothes. Any clothes left over that no one wants get donated to a local charity.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I attended one of these w/ my friends.. she did jewelry, bags, and shirts. We ran into huge size issues.. some girls didnt exchange any clothes because everyone was different sizes, and some girls who were the same size as others didnt like their things so it made it a little awkward at times, lol! but good thing we added jewelry & bags because no matter your size, you could exchange something! It was a fun night in w/ the girls w/o spending bunches of money. have fun!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I love that idea. It can be adapted in so many different ways, for different occasions. But you might have to watch out for clothing sizes. You want to have something for everyone.
    lvncntry

Answer by lvncntry at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• That sounds like a really cool idea actually! I think I may steal it....
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• good idea, I hate to spend good money on dress or something i know ill only wear once or twice
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• What a great idea,it's a good way to get rid of clothes you don't want anymore and to get some new ones for you.I like it.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea just not for me or mine
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 7:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea to me.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like a lot of fun, great idea, just be careful with the size thing!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• sounds great...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I love the idea!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010