Would you like to be able to select NO ANONYMOUS ANSWERS when you ask a question?

It seems that too often, those who don't really intend to be helpful with their answers hide themselves (and their lack of consideration and/or social grace) behind the anonymous option.

When YOU ASK A QUESTION here on Cafemom, would you like to be able to specify whether or not YOU want to allow anonymous answers, or block them?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 7:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes! I've been saying that all along. As a question asker I would love the ability to choose not to have anon answers. If it's a subject where people would be uncomfortable discussing things and legitimately want to answer anon, I would be happy to get less answers if it meant I could skip over the crazies. And on other questions where people simply abuse it, I would like to simply side step it altogether. And for those who didn't mind getting anon answers or those who ask more "private" questions and don't mine anon answers, they would still have the option to allow them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Nope. I think that some of the best advice comes from anons. Sometimes you need to hear it even if it might make you mad. I am not talking about jackass anons, but ones that have a differing view and don't want the hatemail.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, I don't think so. Sure, some Anon. people are only trying to get points or stir things up. But it seems as if some Anon. people are trying to give honest straightforward responses without getting any backlash. Simply because some abuse the privilege of being able to post responses as Anon. doesn't mean that this feature should be able to be disabled.

So ... do I need to post this opinion Anon. in order to keep from being bashed for it? LOL!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No. Sometimes what the anonymous poster is saying is what needs to be heard, popular or not.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 7:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yess i would love that i ahte negative people!! 100% yes.
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, I totally agree with SleepingBeautee and Aliceinalgonac
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree. I asked a question one time. I really wanted some support. I will never ask again, people were so cruel. I pulled and closed my question after six replies....yucky. I imagine a website that people could only use the real names, ya know? I agree. I asked for support with our teenage son. He is just turned 17 and is really having troubles. people said......" I just don't identify my kids are so perfect....ect. I hope you get some positive answers, I will watch.

Michelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 7:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No. I like the choice. It's what Cafemom is all about. I don't care who answers it, I don't even look at names most of the time, so why is anon that big of a deal? If I see something I don't like, I just go on to the next answers. Really, there are other things in life to lose control over, this isn't one of them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• that is a good idea!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• YES! Too many times nasty comments are hidden behind anon answers!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010