What should I have at my house for my baby niece?

My sister is due in March with a baby girl. We have made arragements together that she would pick up my son from Pre-K and once I get out of school I would watch her daugher while she attends her classes. My son is 4 so it has been awhile since I have been around any babies. What are some must have items that I should have at my house?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A nice pack n play, one with a changing table, sleeping area and storage for diapers and such. a bouncer, a travel swing.. then ust the basics of extra bottles and such... maybe think about an inexpensive stroller and a base to the carseat that the momma chooses.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 11:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My mother has a cheap crib and a cheap travel swing at her house for when we visited with our newborn. That worked perfectly. Would have been better if she cleaned her floor more lol. I woudl also suggest a table or dresser to put a changing pad on. Makes it easy on yrou back.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'd have a portable crib or pack-n-play, maybe one of those portable swings that fold up and are portable so that it can be out of the way when not in use.
    Anonymous