panic attacks while pregnant???

do any of you moms have panic attacks and your pregnant? if so do you have to take anthin for it? tell me more cuz im trying to get pregnant but i have panic attacks and im scared to get pregnant cuz i dont wanna freak out and hurt the baby so if you haveany more info tell me everythin cuz this will be my first baby thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have panic attacks and was on medication for them before getting pregnant. I couldn't take that when pregnant though, so (at least for me) I had to learn to just deal with things. I used to get them horribly when getting blood drawn or shots, but I had to get over that quick with all the tests. I guess it depends on why you get them and how bad they get, but you'll probably be fine when you get pregnant :)
    ToxikSedation

Answer by ToxikSedation at 11:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would talk to a doctor (your regular or an OB) about this. They can help you fgure out any steps you need to take to successfuly get pregnant (your concerns, not to mention your medication may make it harder for you to conceive) and what to do to keep your baby healthy as well as manage your attacks. Just think of it as your first step towards becoming a parent. Good luck, can't wait to hear about your pregnancy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I just got some advice about it myself, there are fetal medicine specialist doctors that can help, you may be able to google local doctors in your area like I did.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 11:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I suffer from panic attacks, and I had them when I was pregnant.. not to worry.. there are medications that you can take that will not harm the baby, just talk to your doctor. What helped me was a lot of breathing exercises and distraction. You will not hurt the baby or yourself during a panic attack, it's the instinct thing... just remind yourself, say it out loud.. "i am not dying, this is not a heart attack, i am not having a stroke, i am going to be fine, everything is okay" by the time you are done saying it, the panic attack will probably be over... message me if you want more help..
    snugabug83103

Answer by snugabug83103 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I had my first panic attack while I was prego...I was a smoker before getting preggy, but quit while I was...Dr. said if I ever felt one coming on to have a smoke. The stress of the attack was worse for the baby than the nicotine. I guess that only helps if you're a smoker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I had panic attacks when my husband didnt come home from the Army on time. Just try to avoid the things that cause the panic attack. Make sure you have someone you can talk to about your stresses and can could call if you feel one coming on. It never hurts to talk to your doctor about it.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• it can also be all in ur head. I used to have anxiety and never took meds for it, and it would make me throw up everytime. I eventually told myself I'm fine and I'm not gonna throw up. I told my self to stop this crazyness and think of fun things to do and do out there and do them. Also that I have kids to take care of and this is insane
    Anonymous