Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

SS disability for child???

I was wondering if anyone has ss for thier children. My daughter has CP very mild... and Im possibaly able to get SS for her, However they want me to get rid of one of my cars.. bc I have two.... My husband has to have a car to go to work in he works from 2am- 12noon and 10am-6pm he usually only gets one day off if he is lucky.... I have my car for all of my daughters apointments.. that are usually for 8-10am..... I HAVE TO HAVE BOTH CARS!!! SO do you all have ss for your child and have two cars... Do i need a lawyer?

Answer Question

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 16 (2,695 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I have ss disability for my daughter but they dont ask about cars. Do you mean social security insurance (ssi)? they ask all that stuff.

    Answer by bseastrand at 9:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Actually to tell you the truth i dont know ... my mom told me to call so i called an 800 number and i said iw as trying to get disability for my daughter bc she has cp and he said ok let me get your info... so he said i would have to get rid of one of my cars.. i told him i could not do that.....he said you can explain your situation to them when they call you for your apointment... im 23 im so confused as to how this ss ssi ssdi all works im just so confused i feel like a kid in hs learning some sort of new lesson LOL...maybe i asked for the wrong thing.. oh man...what should i be asking???/

    Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • My husband gets SSI and SSDI well SSDI stoped so they put him on SSI now and our daughter gets benefits. They did ask about cars but we dont have 2 . Cn you put one in a family memebers name for the time being and have a written contract between the two of you that its your car just in there name or something like that? That would make everything work out better for your family. Also call an attorney they got them for SSI claims all over and just ask them. My uncle has 2 cars and he had to get an attorney for his claim and he won.

    Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.