I am almost 8 weeks.....

Is it normal for me to suffer from insomnia? I am also already starting to get the baby pooch, I am guessing that is normal too since I already have 2 children.

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, hormones do that to you!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have taken tylenol pm for insomnia. the doc said it was ok but I read that prolonged use can cause damage to the baby. Any suggestions?
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My doctor told me to take benadryl to help me sleep and I have also had to take it die to an allergy as well. Not getting to sleep sucks but my sleeplessness is due to hugeness lol. Just can't get comfortable anymore.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• the sleeplessness only gets worse! but prepares us to be up every 3 hours with the new addition. anyway, my doc says to take benadryl and when i do i get really good sleep if only for a few hours, but i wake up feeling good and rested. they dont like you taking tylenol pm too much because if you dont have any aches and pains then the tylenol is unnecessary and its better to only take acetiminophen when necessary-this is true for when you arent pregnant either. good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thank you to the both of you. I have decided i will try to sleep without anything.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Try listening to music, that helped me when I couldn't sleep and yes it is normal and its only going to get worse sorry, good luck to you !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010